I read a lovely article about women entrepreneurs that says that us women are the reason for not being able to grew our companies. We all tend to ignore social inequalities, pretend not to be women, and are afraid to say our own opinion. its time to change.
Here are excerpt from the article (http://www.good.is/posts/don-t-just-lean-in-10-ways-women-entrepreneurs-and-leaders-should-take-action-now), I think all women should read it not just entrepreneurs
we need more men investing in women. But we also need more women sitting at the investor table. Women are very comfortable donating to nonprofits; older women give a whopping 89 percent more of their income to charity than men, according to a study from the Women’s Philanthropy Institute.
Here are 10 other ways women can take action right now:
- Stop talking about being a victim—words become beliefs that become reality. Be a positive voice in the gender conversation, and look for the gratitude and lessons in every situation.
- Smile and say “thank you” when complimented.
- Practice having honest and open dialogue—start with family or close friends and then move outwards. Be mindful of appropriateness, but eventually this kind of authentic vulnerability and boundary setting will feel seamless, natural, and empowering.
- Don’t wait for an invitation—ask for what you want (watch this for inspiration). Nobody can read your mind, and life becomes much more fun when it’s interactive.
- Stop discrediting your achievements, and do not apologize your way out of the discomfort you feel as a result of your growth. Own it.
- If you’ve been talking about wanting to do something for a while, seek support and GO DO IT. Your taking action gives others permission to do the same (watch this for inspiration).
- Set realistic expectations for yourself, and let go of the desire to be perfect. Watch as your frustrations with other people’s imperfections ease (read this for inspiration).
- If you feel competitive with another women, reach out and offer to help her out. It’s amazing what counter-action (and a little kindness) can do to dissolve negative feelings. Do this for yourself—resentment is toxic only to the one harboring it.
- Stop obsessing and talking about your guilt. This self-centeredness stalls needed progress. Instead, use your emotions as a guidepost, allowing you to course-correct at anytime.
- Raise your hand, and keep it up.